How to make a claim
We hope you have had a great holiday! If unfortunately the unexpected has occurred and you need to make a claim, to ensure prompt attention to your claim we recommend the following:
Step 1:Get your paperwork together
To settle your claim TID is going to need certain documents and evidence from your travels. The checklist on page 10 will help you assemble the documents required and help you complete your claim so we suggest you get these together first.
Step 2:Download & complete a claim form
Please download a claim form.
In order for us to process your claim quickly it's important that you complete all the relevant sections of this form with as much detail as you can.
5 tips to better claims
- You can complete this PDF electronically by typing into the fields. If you complete by hand, please write clearly.
- Make sure you sign the claims form
- Make sure you send us all of your supporting documents
- If in doubt, tell us more not less
- If posting your claim, take copies of everything and send it recorded delivery
Step 3:Send us your claim
Please check through your form thoroughly.
Send your completed claim form together with original supporting documents and keep a copy for your records. The fastest way to submit a claim is by email:
- Scan or photograph all pages of your claim form
- Scan or photograph all supporting documents
- Save these into a zip file named with your policy number (max file size 10Mb)
- Attach the zip file to an email with your policy number as the subject
- Email your claim to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, mail your documents to:
Travel Insurance Direct ClaimsPO Box A975SydneyNSW 1235Australia